For Young Families
At Monroe Temple Beth El, we strive to encourage young families to begin building Jewish values, education and friendships. There are many opportunities and programs for these young families to participate in. These programs include:
- Sharing Shabbat with Rabbi Loeb: held on Friday mornings, an enriching and fun way to welcome in Shabbat with puppets and song.
- Shabbat in our classrooms: modeling the ritual of reciting the blessing over bread followed by eating challah.
- Dessert & Daven: a Shabbat early evening program beginning with a craft, followed by a Tot Shabbat service and concluding with a delicious oneg.
- Pajama and Story Havdalah: a program where books are read to the children in a very relaxed atmosphere, followed by dinner and a Havdalah service.
- Chanukah Family Programming beginning with the lighting of the menorah and followed by crafts, stories and songs.
- Purim Expo where we learn about Queen Esther’s bravery and Haman’s very bad plan, we sing, dress up, and bake delicious hamantashen.
In addition we participate and encourage the PJ Library where Jewish books are made available for our classrooms and families
We encourage our young families to participate in the many programs made available through the various arms and committees of our Temple! From services to social events, there is something for everyone!